Are you an Indigenous leader in Queensland who is ready to take the next step in their career?
Applications are open until the end of the month for the First Nations Director Scholarship Program, a joint initiative of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) and the Australian Indigenous Governance Institute (AIGI)
The program is aimed at developing a pipeline of First Nations directors with the skills and capability to be appointed to First Nations and non-First Nations Boards.
The AICD and AIGI will support 45 directors and senior leaders in the Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation sector who are ready to step into governance roles.
Participants will have access to world-class governance education as well as a program of culturally relevant and community-informed mentoring and workshops.
The Scholarship is open to First Nations leaders that currently sit on a board or committee of a member (or subsidiary member) organisation of the Coalition of Peaks.
Applicants will be required to upload a Letter of Support from their organisation endorsing applicant’s participation in the program and agreeing to fund travel costs in excess of $500 (excl GST).
Each scholarship runs for 12 months and includes:
• The AICD Foundations of Directorship™ for Indigenous Organisations course (three days) and an additional day-long workshop facilitated by AIGI
• Accommodation to attend the course in a capital city
• Reimbursement of travel costs up to $500 (exc. GST) to attend the course in a capital city
• Wrap-around program including mentoring sessions and peer learning workshops facilitated by AIGI
• One year’s membership with the AICD.
Applications close on Sunday, 26 November 2023.